Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thoughts on the First Weekend of Summer!

Where do I start? Linda and her Hilltop Crew added another fantastic weekend to my memory! WOW! I just love them and wish we were soooo much closer in distance.

Linda never ceases to amaze me. She cooked us fabulous meals all weekend without a stove and sunday we got pancakes & sausage from her Tim Holtz kitchen! Just when I think she can't do anymore fantastic give aways, she piles the table. When I think I have seen all the best classes, Elle, Di and Jules come up with a few more! Michele & Dee are always the best customer service and friends a girl could have. And the table mates! OHHHH those BAD girls! I love them all!

It was so much fun having my sister, Susie with us. That would be "Jayne's Sister, Susie". All my life everyone has known me as Jayne, Susie's little sister. After this weekend she is now Susie, "Jayne's sister. Thanks Michele for the help on that!
But to me from this crop forward, Susie will be known to me as "frogbreath" LOL! She can explain that one!

One of my biggest thrills was having Michele's mom, Alice, tell me she reads my blog everyday! WOW! Really? I have such a boring life! Alice is a sweetie and I was glad to finally meet her. Michele is such a sweet person, now I know why!

It was such a great weekend all around. So much fun with such phenomenal women. They all continue to inspire me to be a better woman, each of them in their own way. I am so lucky to have such great people as friends!

I came home to more flowers blooming. Sorry no pictures as of yet, but maybe tomorrow. My pink hydrangea was blooming, as was the red hibiscus. The oleander is blooming for the first time in years. It's a beautiful red. Finally, my pink amarylis is also showing it's beautiful color.

I walked into work Tuesday morning to no air conditioning. Talk about hot! Even the fans didn't help. Thankfully, I was able to go to one of the other buildings to prepare for the retirement celebration and that building had air! Over the weekend a squirrel got caught in some wiring and burned out the chiller for our building. Poor Squirrel! But all is fixed now and the retirement celebration went off without a hitch. Our principal was surprised, and it was nice to see so many of his old friends show up to wish him well. I will sure miss him, and wish him many happy, safe roads to travel and hours of giggles as "Grandpy" becomes his main job.

So that should catch you up with little ole me. I need to get busy cleaning, unpacking and putting away all the "stuff" I brought home with me. Tons of cool scrap stuff, new stamps (I hit the sale bin at HL, got 6 new stamps!) and of course, more storage to put it in.

I'll try to be a better blogger this next week. That is until they send me to St. Pete for that conference that I really didn't want to go to, but they twisted my arm! The things I do for my job, seriously!
Have a wonderful summer day!

:J