Sunday, June 10, 2007

Your Weekend is Over, Not Mine!

Okay, I'm not trying to rub it in. But I am going to enjoy it! Just one more day. How many weekends have you had where you wished for one more day off? I know I have wanted many. I just wanted to stay home ONE more day. Well tomorrow is my day!
I worked last Monday which was supposed to be my first day off. But it was registration for summer school, so I went in like the dedicated person I am. After all, I put the schedules in the computer, so I have to be there! Since we work a 4 day, 10 hour day week, I got to take Friday off. Then tomorrow, Monday is my regular day off. Most everyone wanted Fridays off and the only way we could do the 4/10s is if someone wanted to work Friday. So let's think about this. Friday is normal go home early day, so if I take Monday off and work Friday, with hardly anyone there, I can get more done and get out early! Sign me up!
I got alot accomplished this weekend. Lots of much needed house cleaning. Of course I would need a month off and a gallon jar full of speed to get my house totally clean, like I would like to have it clean. But living with two guys, a long haired cat and a dog, my house will never stay clean. I love my dog, but I cuss his black hair everytime I clean! So in between goofing off a bit, I got most everything done, including the ceiling fans, windowsills and blinds. I cleaned the pantry a bit, throwing away microwave popcorn that was 2 years over date! I got ride of about 3 dozen magazines. Mostly Southern Living, I keep those for the recipes. So I tore out all the recipes I thought I might use and pitched the magazines. I'm sure my husband wishes I would get rid of some scrappin' magazines. Don't hold your breath dear!
After pitching, I scrubbed. My favorite thing to clean my floors with is this.
 
I discovered it my first trip to Key West. Alba was just finishing mopping her floors when we arrived. Her house smelled so good and fresh, I had to ask what she used. It was Mistolin, Gardenia scent. I usually don't like Gardenia scent, but now it's all I use on my floors! I guess when I go to South Florida in a few weeks I will have to look for some more. Usually I want to know here the scrap stores are, but this trip I need to know where to get Mistolin. This is my last bottle!
Yesterday while on a cleaning break, DH and I watched "A Night at the Museum" I really enjoyed it! Wouldn't it be awesome if that really did happen? I won't say what happened in case you have not seen the movie. If you haven't, you need too, it's good! Later I'm going to watch "Because I Said So" Rick didn't want to watch it, it's a chick flick.
And also in my spare time, I finished the mini book I made for FIL for Father's day. Since he doesn't read my blog, I can show you. Here's the cover,
 
and here is the rest of it! I sure hope he likes it! Not everyone in the family is in it. That kind of bothered me, but I don't have recent pictures of everyone because they haven't been able to come to the reunions. So maybe I'll have to do a second edition.
I think now I'm off to my movie, and to fold some clothes. Mostly towels, so that will be easy
Posted by Picasa