Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday Tithering

Not much going on in my household the past few days. We got some very much needed rain on Monday. Monday was also the first day of summer school so that kept me busy with registration. It went smoothly despite the retirement of my reliable guidance counselor.
I had prepared dinner on Sunday for Monday night. We came home warmed it in the microwave, and it was gone! I'll leave you the recipe, one of our electrician instructors gave it to me. He's an official coonass cajun, so I knew it would be good. oooooooeeeeeee!

Crawfish Casserole (I substituted shrimp)

3/4 stick of margarine
1 (10 ounce) can Rotel with chillies
1 (5 ounce) package saffron yellow rice
1/2 large green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound Crawfish tails (louisiana brand are best) but I substituted shrimp
1/2 c grated cheddar cheese
Tony Chachere's to taste

Cook rice to directions. Set aside. Saute onion & pepper in margarine, add tomatos and simmer 10 minutes. Add crawfish or shrimp and simmer 10 minutes. Take off heat and add soup, stir, add rice, stir, and add Tony Chachere's to taste. Put in a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
OOOOOOOEEEEE!

I hope you enjoy this. Have a wonderful day!
:J