Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Wonderful Summer Weekend

 

Nothing says summer like an evening of balloons! This weekend was the Balloon Fest in Foley Alabama. Rick and I spent Saturday evening watching balloons take off and land. It was so relaxing watching these giants glide silently in to land.
These ballons are powered by propane. It was neat to watch them inflate the huge canopies. Each canopy costs 10 thousand dollars! Wow! The Baskets really are made of wicker too! We thought this one was going to hit the trees!
 

The balloon were from all over the south with most of them coming from Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana. Now they didn't fly in from there, they took off and landed all in Alabama. But wouldn't it be cool to just get in your balloon and float a few states away! I wonder how far you could go in a half day?
Even tho the name of this one was Sunrise it sure looked pretty in the sunset!
 

We just stood and ate our fresh Kettle Popcorn and watched the balloons come in and out. Sooooo relaxing!
 

Sunday we had breakfast with friends, grocery shopped and then Rick mowed the lawn. Such is life when your boys are grown and living all over! Afterwards we imitated whales wallering in the pool for about an hour. Sooooo nice. I laid on my raft and watched a dragonfly perched high in a tree as he watched us! LOL!
Patrick came home in time for dinner and we grilled T-bones. I made mushrooms & onions for toppers, boiled some shrimp & corn for sides, and we were in heaven!
So my short week begins! 3 days of work and then I'm off to the "boonies" to camp and scrap!
Enjoy the day!

:J
Posted by Picasa