Monday, September 01, 2008

Back to Life

I have virtually hidden out at my house. Other than Saturday when I went to Natalee's SU party or out to dinner that night with the hubby, I've been a recluse.
Now granted, Gustav had something to do with that, but I had something to do with it too.
I thought I would spend the weekend scrappin'. But I just didn't feel inspired. I have projects I want to do, but when I sit down to do them, it just seems hard. Making cards at the SU party was easy and fun. But when it comes to just playing in my own room. Blah!
Would you say I'm in a funk? My butt hurts from sitting so much, I'm not a sitter. I am bored with tv, bored with shopping, bored with the computer. I guess I AM in a funk.
I have been inspired to eat, and too cook. Of course none of what I want to eat or cook is good for me. LOL! I know one thing, I need to snap out of this. It just isn't me. At least I don't think it's me. Is it?
About Gustav, it's rained alot all day but we've only gotten 3 inches. We had some winds, gusting to about 45 miles per hour. We even had a bit of thunder this evening. All in all we seemed to have weathered Gustav well. Thank goodness he didn't turn into the monster storm they thought he was going to be. But now when we do get a monster storm, will all those people who evacuated this time be so quick to leave next time? Now we have Hanna & Ike. Can we have a weekend without a hurricane bothering us?
I did get my family reunion pictures uploaded for the family to download. It doesn't seem like that was only a month ago. My new blog head is another from the Mississippi River. I used to love the barges going up and down the river. As kids we would always try to get them to wave to us. Did you know they (the tugs) all have names? Barge companies often name them similarly like Dixie Rose and Dixie Lee, Delta Queen & River Queen. That way we could tell if they were from the same company. Did you know that they post the barge traffic in the newspaper where I'm from. They put the day, time and name of the tugs who went up and down the river. Am I rambling? Okay I'll go do the dishes...
:J