Thursday, September 04, 2008

How do these days get past me? It's not that I'm living the exciting life, that's for sure. Life is just passing by sooooo fast, too fast for me.
Interesting article in our local paper this morning. 56% of the people living here in my county a)don't like living here, and b) plan to move in the next 5 years. Interesting. We chose to live here, this is where DH's Naval career ended, and we could have moved back home (up nawth). But we had one son in HS, one in Middle and one in elementary. We had good friends, lived in a good area, and were living a good life. I don't know what's happened here the past few years, but it's not the same town we retired in. Too many Walmarts (6) as opposed to the two we had when we settled, too many convienence stores, too many fast food places, too many car lots, too many many stuff. Not enough gas stations or grocery stores.
They closed my Albertson's this week. Soon it will be a Publix and I'll be happier. I like Publix. I wouldn't buy my groceries there everyday, too expensive. But I have the commissary for that (grocery store on base). Maybe Publix will improve the quality of life here.
In general, life is good for us. We're not as active as we once were here. But I think that comes with age and we would slow down a bit anyway, no matter where we lived. Not that we are sedentary by any means.
Speaking of not being sedentary, football starts Friday night for us. Keep good thoughts going for our boys as they try to break their 2 year losing streak. DH says they look good and the coaches are nervous. He told me to come get his wallet and cellphone at halftime if they are winning. LOL!
Friday I'm booking our flights to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. The boys are not happy about that! Of course they are more worried about food then they are us going. They love the food at Thanksgiving. But we decided we need to go back up there, probably as often as we can afford to. Hubby wants to help his dad do some things before winter. I just want to get in the country.
So life goes on and it's quality life, it is what it is, and only what you make it.
So I do, make it that is.
:J