I took advantage today, of it being hump day, of the dumpster set outside my door, of a slow down in paperwork. I cleaned out the records vault. I humped it all day long. I was one constant HOP (hour of power). And amazingly I feel pretty good about it.
I got to work this a.m. and outside the door nearest my office was a small dumpster. I walked in and the A.P. of the High school, and my friend, Lori, were cleaning out the office across the hall from me that has been being used for storage. So I asked if the dumpster was for anyone's use. I had to ask because sometimes the HS is possessive of their stuff.
I have been wanting to clean the vault for a few years. Two things stopped me, time and having to haul it sooooo far across campus to dump it. So I made the time and cleaned, and cleaned and cleaned. We could hold a dance party in the vault now, there is so much room. It felt so good despite how my back was hurting when I was finished. I just kept at it, I knew if I stopped, I'd quit. Now that I'm home and have rested, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. We'll see how well I get out of bed in the am.
We've started getting the outer bands of Ike this afternoon. Outerband rain is like no other. It's a heavy, fast rain. It's usually over fairly quickly and as quickly as it started, it stops just as quick. I hope the football game Thursday and Friday night don't get rained out. Athough I wouldn't mind Friday night, it's quite a drive. But I'm going to hit a few scrap stores on the way to Friday night's game. Ones I never get to go to they are about an hour from the house.
I'm looking forward to Saturday's all day Stampin' Up party. It's at Ann's house and she is a riot! I would so love to bring her to a Hilltop Crop, she'd fit right in. For lunch we are having Deliciously Simple. I guess it's some kind of home food demonstration party type thing. Ricky, our favorite masseuse is supposed to be there too.
Well, I'd better hit the hay. Tomorrow is our auditor's previsit, the big audit is next month. I want to be bright and shiny in the morning. Good thing I got the vault cleaned!
:J







