Sunday, October 28, 2007

And Now the Weekend is Over!

But it was a good weekend! The fair was packed yesterday, today was tear down. In between I squeezed in a trip to WM, cooked chili, finished to scrap projects that I've had for months, and did 4 loads of laundry. I also took that all important nap!

I haven't had much hubby time. I was at the fair, he was home, I was home, he was at football meetings. btw, they reviewed the films of the game from Friday night. They are building a case to take to the FHSAA. A complaint was filed against our coaches by either a ref or another coach for being "unruly" on the sidelines. Funny there was never a flag thrown for that infraction. That would be the first step!
They are also going to show the spearing of our QB twice, very late hits 4 times, and finally, the elbow to the helmet of the young man who had to be life flighted. Playing like that is taught, it's a learned habit. I guess that doesn't say alot about their coaches. Andrew is doing better, he is home, sleeping alot with a heck of a headache, but he will be fine. He's only a sophomore, but a starter. He won't play this week, (homecoming) and probably not next week, which is our last game.

Tomorrow is another day, and it's a good day for several reasons. Green Bay Packer football on Monday night for one! Our niece Sarah, and her son, Ben, will be at the game in Denver. She will be the blonde trying to get on the field to Lambeau Leap Brett. She just doesn't listen when I tell her she is too young for him and that I had him first.
Tomorrow is the day we go into the single digit count for the beach house. I can't put into words how badly we all need this. It's the place where we will forget all the stresses and worries, and remember what's really important. US, our kids, our family and being all we are together.

It will be early mornings on the deck, with coffee, watching the dolphins with my BIL's, Moe & Bill. Kinda the "outlaw" bonding time. It will be hours on the beach with the kids, the grown ones & the babies. We'll walk and shell shop. Shell shopping satisfies the need to shop, get things and take them home to enjoy. We pile them on the deck and on the last day pick the best ones to take home. The rest we take back to the beach. We'll cook and eat too much, stay up to late and hug, and kiss, and laugh and cry. We will be family. It can't get here soon enough.

But tomorrow is work, another day, another dime, somedays it isn't worth it.

:J