Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday Musings

What is it about Mondays? I didn't want to get moving and I don't want to go to work. I always want one more day. Just one more. Tuesdays are always better. I need some down time after the weekend.

Great Friday night football game. We were actually in this one. The boys went to the locker room at halftime, tied 14-14. Even the final score was not a bad one, 28-21. It was the opposing team's Homecoming, and shouldn't the home team always win their homecoming game?

Saturday was a putzing day. We slept in til nine and I stayed in my jammies til noon. Late in the afternoon, I ran over to a local crop at one of the churches. It looked like everyone was having fun, of course not as much fun as the Hilltop girls. I dropped off some Fair books and recruited some entries and volunteers. I'll probably join them the next go round.

Saturday evening I worked on some more cards. Finishing up for MIL, same on Sunday, and everything is ready to go in the mail. I totally forgot until this morning that today is Columbus day and there is no mail. So I guess I will send them tomorrow!

Today I'm going in early, to get off early. We have a JV football game. Then we have no games until late next week. Rick was home all weekend this weekend as there were not Coaches' meetings. It was nice having him around.

I finished Tony Dungy's book Quiet Strength, last night. Pretty good read. I have always liked his style of coaching. I am glad to see his success in Indy. I wish he could have acheived it in Tampa tho.

That's my weekend in a nutshell. Such a boring life I lead. Now it's time to go to work and listen to all the Bears fans rant and rave about last night's game. Which is fine. They just can't blame Favre for this loss. I say it was the refs!

:J