I’m actually typing this from the fair, onto word, so when I get home all I have to do is upload it. I am even going to download my pictures off my camera while I’m here. It rained earlier this evening and since then people have been few and far between. First off, here is my brealundinner. You can see why it's all I ate. It's HUGE!
The Art Study Club is across from us and what a great group of people they are!
Apparently some one has to die for you to be able to join. They were started after a group of them took a class together. When the class was over, they still wanted to meet so they formed the Art Study Club 40+ years ago.
They have been lots of fun this weekend. I’ve learned a bit about art composition that I didn’t know. They also taught me a bit about the “fair”. One of their rules is that if you enter a piece for judging, you have to volunteer a two hour shift. I like that rule!
We’ve had a lot of interest in scrapbooking. Quite a few have given me their emails so I can let them know about this next year. A few are not even aware of the scrapbooking store nearby. They loved our Circle Journal we did last year. Amazed at the concept, the work, and the trust we all had in each other.
I loved watching the people. The kids were the cutest. It’s interesting to watch families interact. Of course I can do that now that mine are grown. Some of the things I see, I wouldn’t have enjoyed as a parent. But now I know it’s just a stage, not to get so upset like I used to!
Some of the most touching moments came from the billboard they have posted on our front wall. It is pictures of the four men from our area who have given their all for our freedom. On the billboard are lots of space to sign memoriam, thanks, and messages.
At first I thought it would never fill up, but it has in the past two days. Teens sign it, old class mates sign, friends & strangers, sign. A few of the most touching are the older men who sign. The ones who write the most grateful thanks are those who truly know the sacrifice these young men have made.
The most touching moment that moved me to tears was when I realized that the people signing the space were the family of the young man killed barely a month ago. His young teenage brother wrote “A son, a brother, a soldier, a hero” as his mother held her hand on the picture of the young man. I couldn’t even take a picture, I was so shook up. The father stood in the back ground. I wonder if they knew the picture would be here. Did the make a trip to the fair just to see it? Or were they out for a day trying to find some thing nice to do to comfort their still grieving hearts. Oh but for the grace of God go I.
:J








