Friday, October 05, 2007

TGIF & Tidbits

In some ways this week has flown by and in others, it's like WOW is this week going to ever end? Really I've led a boring life this week, but here are my observations since I last blogged.

An OMG Moment! - I was driving down one of the backroads near school where a man raises horses. He was galloping one of them down the side of the road when a man coming out of the cross street, who apparently knew him, honked his horn. This spooked his horse, the horse reared up, tossed the man, throwing him onto the road.
The horse crossed traffic in front of us. Both man & horse were okay, but it scrared me for both of them. Idiot man who honked, drove away without even checking on them. I say they knew each other because he was waving and acting like he knew him.

Fall is coming moment - Cool mornings a few days this week reminded me that fall will soon be here. It will be nice to be able to walk in the afternoons again. We won't see the turn of leaves, but there are other signs of fall. The bazaars, the fair (always a cold night then) muscadine & scuppernong grapes, collards, football, and the end of hurricane season.

Who's counting? I am! 34 days til the beachhouse. I can hardly wait, as family rolls in from all parts of the country. The cousins gather for giggles in the night, and a few of us early birds gather on the deck for dolphin watching. 1 week of no school, no work and no worries. Ah Bliss! Not to mention a few margaritas and mojitos to melt away the stress. Or as I say it on a bad day, drinking often and heavily!

Encouraging - again someone tells me I am "wasting my talents without a degree." "YOU need to get that degree." But look at it this way, my perspective, money isn't everything, I do have a job I love, a job that allows me to do what I love to do off the job, a job that I do well, a job with just enough responsiblity, just enough money and yes, just enough stress. I know there are other things I could do, but I like where I am right now in my life as a whole. I know I am smart and talented, I don't need paper to tell me that.

Sleepless - I don't know why but I've been sleepless this week. My body is in this wake up at 2 a.m. mode. I'm up for a few hours, then right back to sleep. Get up go to work and I'm fine. Could be all that sleeping I did last weekend, my body is caught up. Who knows, but I'm sleepless.

Then there's that rollercoaster - life goes on. Putting out one fire after another, and I can't seem to get anyone else to take ahold of the hose. Problems here, problems there, and I come up with solutions. Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windsheild. Life goes on.

All in all life is good, that's what makes it all worth while, payment more than monetary.
Trust the process
:J