Friday, August 08, 2008

Cherished Memories

Along with 30 or so fantastic old family pictures from Hubby's family, I was also able to update alot of family history. I added 300 names to my geneology tree. All of them of course from hubby's family.

My MIL was in possession of two family trees, chroniciling her family history on both her mother and father's side. I'd seen her mother's side book, but never her father's. It was wonderful to read because not only did it tell about all the Fesing family tree, it told about the huge family farm, where it is, who owns it now, etc. It is still in the family! (road trip!) I was lucky enough to be able to copy this book. It will be an excellent document for proving family history as our family grows.

Her mother's family book is a huge document, mostly researched by her cousin, Jane. It was from that that I was able to add so many names. Some branches of that family are 8 generations long! Ours is only 5 or 6. Rick remembers his grandmother speaking german.

DH's father's family is not so well documented. I do know his grandparents names who came to the states to settle in Wisconsin. They were two brothers. I think I am going to try to further research this side of his family.

I know you are probably looking for pictures still. I PROMISE it's the first thing I'll do tomorrow! I'll post the ones from my cameras, and I'll begin scanning the ones I brought home. The latest KnK kit will be perfect for Rick's grandfather's pictures. The theme last month was travel and he was a trolley car driver! Can't wait!

:J