Today, on top of everything else ongoing with getting ready for school, we had our salad bar lunch. It's put on by the Hospitality fund from both schools, but the HS PTSA helped serve. They decorated the cafeteria so cute too! Beth & I ordered and got all the food together, making the taco salads and green salads. The big P for the HS made a pasta salad.
We served chicken salad, tuna salad, pasta salad, green salad and taco salad with banana pudding for dessert! We had just enough for everyone. Except for the banana pudding, we have a ton of that left!
As we were cleaning up, the PTSA was doing a drawing for the table flowers. They used mason jars filled with red, orange, yellow and white flowers for decoration. These sat on one sheet of matching scrapbook paper that they had bought at Michaels, surrounded by candies, pens, pencils and note pads.
I was cleaning up the food table when my principal's number was called. He commented he would rather have the left over chicken salad. So I gave him the container. Even tho it's Beth & I's favorite and we were going to stash it for lunch tommorrow. After we got everything all cleaned up, the PTSA mom who had bought the paper said, "why don't you take that paper? can you use it?" Well DUH!
So I guess my good deed in giving up the chicken salad, was rewarded by getting some papers! How cool is that!!
Of course I had to stop when I went by the Big P's office and let him know I was happy I got the scrap paper! and of course, we have the tuna salad stashed for lunch tomorrow. Along with gallons of homemade banana pudding. Pudding anyone???
:J







