Can I say at 10 p.m. this evening I was more than ready for bed? As soon as I crawled in bed, shut off the light and slept for 15 minutes, I was wide awake again? I didn't want to power nap!
I think it's tree frog mating season. The froggies, they are a croakin'. At first I thought it was the fire alarm at the elementary school next door. It chirps in a froggie sort of way. But no, every once in a great while the froggies would break rhythm (take a breath maybe?) and start in again. Droning. Certainly girl froggies can't find that romantic.
Then my foot started cramping. I know, eat more bananas. Or at least that's what I tell hubby & the boys when they have cramps. I think we over did it on our walk today. 2 miles in 94 degree heat did both of us in.
So I got up, made a glass of milk, cut a piece of sheet cake, and enjoyed that. But now I have heartburn. Or, an ulcer, which wouldn't surprise me given the stress at work lately. It's just a job, I know. But I take it seriously. Too seriously.
I've been blog hopping. Everyone's kiddo's are back to school. Mine is too. He actually is enjoying school this year. Now he tells me about school, what happens, what homework he has. For years it was, "it was okay". Then he would tell his dad everything. The last few days it's been the opposite, he tells me everything and when dad asks, "it was okay". Do you think he would let me take a first week of school picture? Hmmmm. Mom's on a mission.
I'm feeling a little disturbed about a spider that has disappeared from our back porch. The guys have been talking about this spider, his huge webs, his big, thick, tarantula looking hairy legs. So tonite while we were grilling, I asked where he was. "oh he was right here by the back door, but now he's gone". Okay then, where da hell is he?? Especially since my outdoorsy, camping since diapers, knows all things scientific, son didn't know what kind of spider he was... Where IS he?
So what's up with Gustav? Get in the gulf and decide what you are going to do! I have preparations to make! Places to go! We have food, water, batteries, flashlights and radio. As soon as I know I should, I'll do the other prep things, fill the water jugs, clean up the lawn furniture, fill the propane tanks, pack the car, and leave town. I just hate the waiting game.
I did get groceries, including stuff to make homemade cinnamon rolls. Essential during a hurricane. Why not? If I stay I may need beer. Okay Corona, Limeade, and 7up. I have the tequila. We may need a margarita or two, if I stay here.
If Gustav isn't coming to visit, I have my weekend all planned out. Well that is unless my middle son comes to visit. They are waiting to see what Gustav is going to do also. So if he doesn't come, and Gustav doesn't come, I want to scrap. Truly scrap. For me. So I will. After Saturday that is. Saturday I'm going to a friend's house to make cards. I sooo need paper therapy. Stress relief.
Okay, it's one a.m., I should try to sleep, I don't hear the horny frogs anymore. Let's hope it stays quiet.
:J







