I'll cut to the chase and tell you, we found THE dress! Felicia had done her homework and her planner was full of dresses she wanted to try. Charged up with Starbucks, and ready to go, we were off!
The first store she tried on several dresses, and held back one. It reminded us of the dress in the movie "Enchanted". Not absolutely sure, and still armed with the pictures from the magazines, we were off to the next store. We drove over to where it should be, and it wasn't there. But...it gave the address to the new location, so off we went in another direction. There it was!
Since it was a new store, it was a beautiful shoppe. Felicia showed the clerk her planner and the two dresses she really wanted. They had them BOTH! She tried on the first one, a floor length with a shorter hem in front and virtually no train. When she walked out of the dressing room, we all knew we'd found the dress! Absolutely stunning! WOOHOO! I was so excited I forgot to take a picture! Her dress is very vintage looking, something I would have picked for my wedding if they would have had it. Since they are getting married on the beach and having the reception in a pavillion on the water, she didn't want anything with a long train that would snag. Can you see her face when she found the dress?
I had arrived a little early to where we were going to meet to begin this adventure, so I slipped into Pier One to look around and kill time. I should know better than that, I always end up buying in there. They had this cute little cabinet that I couldn't resist. They had it in white or blue. I chose the blue as white is just too plain for me, and I can always paint it, but not duplicate this blue. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it, but it was just too cute to pass up! I also got some small blue rimmed drinking glasses that match my glasses I bought in St. Augustine. Now I can get rid of those nasty, small, plastic glasses. I despise plastic glasses! Patrick likes small glasses tho, so we've always had them around for him.
Felicia's dad was so funny. He kept calling us, wanting to know if we'd found the dress. He wanted so bad to come with us, but her mom said NO!, it was a girls day. Even Geni came home from Troy State to shop with us. It was such a fun day and I'm so glad Felicia let me join them!
:J








