Friday, August 22, 2008

Football & Fay on Friday

TGIF! or at least it was for me. The first week students are back is always hectic, not as hectic as registration week, but hectic none the less. I could not wait for 3:30 p.m. and when it was, I was outta there!
My first stop was Michael's. I had a coupon I had to use. My theory is if they give me the coupon and I don't use it, I won't get another. So I did. I ran into Target for a rain poncho, before heading to the game. I meant to go by Panera Bread and get one more Summer Salad before they took it off the menu, but I got in the wrong lane and missed the turn.
I got to the game in plenty of time and throughly enjoyed not having to run the ticket booths. I watched the game, and caught up with old friends and people I work with every day, but never see.
If I didn't know better I would have thought it was October, as Fay's gentle breezes have begun blowing in our area. No rain, but I am looking forward to a weekend full of it. Patrick and I stocked up on groceries at 5:30 a.m. this morning, before I went to work. The house is livably clean, so I plan to stay in my jammies all weekend, scrap, and maybe open a bottle of wine.
If you don't hear from me all weekend, don't worry. We've weathered worse storms remember Ivan?) we'll get through this one too.

:J