Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Looking for Pictures?

Come back on Saturday. I'm just not going to get to it til then. I should, but I won't!
I have to tell you about my day. I was chugging along, plugging people & their schedules into the computer, I hear a BOOM and the lights flicker! Then I realize we are on our auxillary power and I have no computer screen. I step out of my office and outside, just in time to hear another boom and to see a light that was soooo bright I thought Jesus was coming. The wires on the pole out by the road are just a smokin'! Oh great!
The UPS hub is across the street from us and they are expanding/remodeling. Apparently one of the bucket trucks hit a line. I go back in as our tech, Mark says, "No computer for at least an hour and half AFTER we get power back. Oh great!
Just what I need during registration.
But I busied myself with filling and paperwork until lunch. Lunch was early because I had a 1 p.m. meeting. I usually don't eat til 1, but it was nice to eat early. I was one of the lucky ones who could eat. I had a salad, alot of people had food that had to be cooked in a microwave.
So at one of I go to the meeting. 8 of us, in an enclosed room with no air circulation. Debating hypothetical schedule solutions for NEXT year. I won't go into the boring details, but the meeting went on for 3 and a half hours. We did get power back at some point, but no air came on as it takes quite a few hours for the air handler to reboot. We also didn't settle much. Another meeting is forthcoming.
Back I go to finish scheduling, and I worked over a few hours to get done. I couldn't have gotten it done without the help of the two 70's music CDs that Lori had lent me earlier in the day. I put them in, cranked it up and jammed while I got all of today's students enrolled.
My DH is a doll, he took me to the Crab Trap where we had some great seafood and I had a Corona. Lori's girls were working. It was good to see them. Savana starts UWF soon. She's earned enough money this summer to live off campus with some girls.
Well, it's late, I've got dishes to do and clothes to put in the dryer.
I hope you day is wonderful!

:J