Saturday, August 09, 2008

PICTURES!

I have to start off with this because I think it's my favorite of Sarah and I from the whole week. We couldn't find the a pitcher to make our Mambo Margarita's in so we compromised. And since we didn't have margarita glasses either, we compromised there too. When in the woods, Compromise!
 
Rick and I at the Shareholder's meeting. They had a locker set up for pictures and we bit in. This is before I got my luggage so I borrowed a t-shirt, (thanks Pa!) Don't we just look the touristy type?
 
Ben wanted s'mores from the minute we were done with dinner. He and I had a long discussion about making s'mores and how they really do taste better after dark. He wasn't quite convinced so he made one early. Then we waited til after dark. Just as we were putting our marshmallows on the sticks, the crickets chirped. I exclaimed, "hear that? it's the s'mores alarm! It's time!" This is his idea of the perfect marshmallow for s'mores. And he agreed, s'mores do taste better after dark!
 
Our last evening in Wisconsin we went to a lodge on Silver Lake for dinner. The beach and lake were covered with people enjoying a Saturday on the lake. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the kids on the dock slide. They had a black lab running around with them too, but he's blocked by the lady on the boat. It was the perfect Norman Rockwell summer evening on the lake. I miss that simple pleasure. Every child should get one summer evening on a lake, every child.
 
So that's my first four pictures. So many great memories made again in such a short span of time together. If we were together more, would the memories be as special? I think so, because we really are a fun group!

:J
Posted by Picasa