It was a rough day today. One of "those" days where I just wanted to get home, drink myself into bliss, drown in the pool or just walk on the beach and pretend I am a million miles away. You understand, we've all had one of those days.
Instead, with hubby nixing the beach tonite, I took a short nap. I woke up hungry, so I threw some of those nasty Stouffer's chicken enchilida's in the oven. I was being lazy and I should know better, and I have given them one last try. Sorry, but I'll buy my enchilidas from Schwann's from now on. After choking dinner down, I picked up my Country Home magazine that came in the mail today.
I love Country Home. All of my life I have dreamed of living in a Country Home. My friends used to say that I could find the most dilapidated house in a town, needing the most work and I would fall in love with it. Same with furniture, pictures, and "stuff". I just LOVE the look. Not victorian, not "country" just comfy, used, well loved.
So anyway, started reading Country Home, wishing I lived in rooms like those they show, and I came across an article about the Pecatonica Flea Market. Pecatonica (which btw, when we could spell and say that, we thought we were big time) is just an hour away from my hometown. Yeah that place, the place I wanna be when I have days like today. On to the story, reading the article about the flea market and this hip, new designer from DIY, Michele Beschen, and get to the part where she mentions stopping to pick up her mom and aunts in Savanna, IL before going to the flea market. WOW! My little ole 4,200 resident hometown, in an article in one of my favorite magazines! WOW! How cool is that! So I google her. I think I know who she is, at least I think I know her parents or her Aunts. Anyway, I need a new, creative blog to read, and I think I've found one! She inspires me! 12oo miles away, 10 years younger and she inspires me! Her show starts Sept 25th on DIY, I'll have to check her out!
It amazes me sometimes what these hobbies of mine bring to me.
And all it took was a bad day at work and trying to relax with a magazine.
:J
PS I know within minutes of reading this my much older sister will call or email and say "who are her parents." And we will spend at least a half hour discussing the family relationship/ancestry. My brother says it's our worst habit, that and staring at people in public. He hates when we do that. and yes Susie, you will know them.







