Monday, August 13, 2007

Our Last Football Free Weekend

It wasn't exactally supposed to be football free, but it ended up that way. Because of this oppressive heat, our school district said no outdoor activities for the weekend. It cancelled alot of football stuff all over and gave me one last football free weekend with my hubby.
Friday night he had practice tho, indoors. It gave me a chance to run some errands before he got home. I ran to HL, Jo's and Sam's. I picked up some cool Bic markers at Sam's in 36 delicious colors. By the way, Kip will get a set too, as she guessed that Friday night was Green Bay's first game and Brett was playing. That's what made me so happy Friday.
Of course we couldn't see the game til today, Sunday, and we knew who won, GO PACK! But it was nice to watch the game. Brett played very little, but I feel better after watching Aaron Rodgers this weekend. He looked pretty good, and I'm confident he can lead the Pack into their next era of winning chanpionships. Friday was pretty uneventful other than that.
Saturday we did our last breakfast date for awhile. From now on our breakfast dates will probably be at midnite on Friday nights. We always go eat after the game. But anyway, after breakfast we came home and cleaned house. With both of us working it took less than two hours to clean. That was sure nice! I scrapped the rest of the day and Rick took it fairly easy reading and watching tv.
Saturday night was our big date to the Brad Paisley/Taylor Swift/Kelly Pickler/Jack Ingram concert. WOW! That was kick ass! It was an outdoor arena, a new one in the area. I loved it even tho it was unbearably hot even after the sun went down. We did have a bit of a breeze, which helped, but still way too hot. It was well worth it tho because the concert rocked! The girls' hair was melted but they still sang their hearts out. Jack Ingram and Brad Paisley both looked good drenched in sweat.
I am mad at myself for not taking my camera, not even my cell phone one! In P-cola, we can't take our camera in the Civic Center for concerts, so I didn't even bother taking it to the Wharf. Our seats were in the 20th row, and I could have gotten some great pics. Ah but I have the memories and will know better next time!
I woke up this morning totally exhausted from the concert. I did drink tons of water, but all that singing and dancing just wore me out. I took a nap after reading the paper, and then about 10:30 we headed out to run a few errands before it got too hot. I hit the huge 40% off sale at Jo's and still spent $100! I got quite a few Sizzix dies, some embossing powders, quote stickers and another of those handy storage units. Good thing Rick went to the car and didn't see the end total! LOL! I will probably go back one night too as I need to return one of the dies, I already had it!
After another nap, I scrapped all afternoon and most of the evening. I finished Jules' Friends book, except for adding the pictures, and I am 75% done with Di's Summer Fun album. I think I am going to give the Summer Fun album to my friend Lori. She and her family (3 sisters and a brother) gather their kids and go to the beach for a week every 4th of July. I know she takes lots of pictures and will probably like the album. She loves all the scrapbook stuff I do, but I haven't given her anything yet.
So that's my exciting weekend in a nutshell. Other than feeling a bit woozy, I'm ready for work tomorrow. I think I am drinking enough water, but feel dehydrated. So I'll increase my water intake tomorrow some more. And actually, I'm looking forward to weekends with football. Rick will be gone every night til 7, Thursday and Friday nights he'll be gone til midnite, Saturday mornings, Sunday afternoons, football. Just think of all the scrappin' I can get done!

I leave you with my top 10 Memories of the Summer, tagged by Kip. These are in no particular order.

1. Girl's weekend in Tarpon Springs & visiting Ruban Rouge
2. Fried Green Tomatos Crop
3. Birthday Crop at Citrus Hills
4. Brad Paisley and friends concert at the Wharf.
5. Sunday morning Breakfasts
6. Conference at St. Pete, every bit of it!
7. Cub's Baseball
8. The arrival of the new Principal.
9. Road trips with my sister.
10. Wednesday Potluck lunches

I tag Susie, Michelle and Dee!

:J