It usually isn't. It wasn't a bad day, it was just a weird day. One filled with little surprises, things I wasn't expecting. Here, there, everywhere. Gotta love surprises. I swore when I started this blog, I wasn't going to talk about work. But it's consumed me. So I'm talkin'. Those little things that make you go "Huh?"
Didn't even get my first cup of coffee poured, and the weirdness began. All the little "I needs" This is not the week to be demanding about "your needs". I just may tell you what I think you need.
Then there's the HS schedule. Did we prethink any of this out? Our teachers don't teach til 8 a.m. but the HS bell schedule runs beginning at 7:30. Did we think about this?
Six weeks ago when we planned the bell schedules we would add, we left out the one HS at the far north end of the county because, "No one from there will want to drive this far for three classes" Well you guessed it! Yes they do!
For six weeks the powers that be have been going back and forth on enrolling these kids as adults, or as HS. There's a difference ya know. So finally as I have all the principals calling wanting to know when these HS kids will have their schedules, my boss tells me to schedule them as HS. So today what do the powers that be say? You guessed it, make them adults!
Then there was our snake problem. My office is just inside the outside door. As I walk back into the school from the most enjoyable lunch, I am met by a hall mate who says, "have you seen the snake?" Apparently a snake crawled in the door, and went into the office across the hall from mine, and now they can't find said snake. They will know where it is if it comes crawling across my feet! When I left to come home, they still hadn't found the snake.
And then there were alot of little things, little fires, that waste an afternoon. It was one of those if it's not one thing, it's another days.
Dinner was good. I met my friend Chris for dinner at a little Italian place downtown. It was yummy and I even brought hubby a dinner for when he gets home.
When I got home, my Hang Ten kit was here, and it was gorgeous! You have to check out the HangTen PaperArts kits. HilltopMemories.com. I want to start it right now!
Also while your checkin' check out my much older sister's blog. Life has come full circle, I always wanted to be like her, now she wants to be like me! Anyway stop by and say HI! at http://oldersistersusie.blogspot.com/ Soon she will even much more older!
I'm off, I have to write a speech for tomorrow on my job and what I need people to do to help me make my job done right. Let's just hope I don't say what I really want to say! I think it would start with "There's a reason you people..........!"
:J







