Monday, August 06, 2007

Oh What Feelings!

I am paying for this weekend, at least my body is. It was so much fun, I can't believe I stayed up late and got up early. Tried to crop alot and mostly did. I think the most exhausting thing tho was the gamut of emotions I have felt in the past 96 hours.
The excitement of the whole adventure. Packing the bags, driving, making connections, seeing AWESOME women, the food, the fun. It was an exciting time.
Mental fullness. I don't know what that emotion is called, but my brain is full. Full of new techniques I learned, new ideas, over stimulation from being in a room of so many AWESOME women. I am mentally full.
Satiated Appetite OMG! the food! I am so stuffed. I love that Linda and the girls cook for us. We are so spoiled. No catered food for us. YUMMO! It's not often I get a bowl of ice cream with chocolate, caramel, marshmallow creme and a cherry! Heaven. The Saturday night dinner good enough to make you slap your much older sister! OMG!
Empowering! I came away feeling like I can do anything! I'm looking forward to using my new knowledge to work. I wanted to skip work and go to HL for supplies. Oh wait, I want to do that any day! LOL!
Thankful I am so very blessed to get to do this most anytime I want. Most thankful for an understanding husband & family, that they know how much I need this. Thankful for so many AWESOME! women and the many lessons they teach me. Lessons like you never realize you are teaching, but I am learning. Thank you for being such AWESOME women. Thankful for a safe trip home and much good company, open arms to greet me at both ends of the trip.
Sad that the distance is so far between so many AWESOME women and great friends. New friends, old friends, so many great people.
Sad also that my son's friend's mom died. I'm sorry that someone so young should have to lose his mom with no warning. I hope he knows how much he was loved by her and she how much he and his friends loved her. Her home was always open to all the boys and they loved her for that.

So now life goes on, but it is weekends like these that teach me so much, if for nothing else the time to reflect and be grateful for all I do have. Nothing like a long car trip after a weekend with AWESOME women to do that for a soul. Back to work today and thankful for a fairly smooth day. Sometimes the routine of it all is good. Cannot believe it is August already.

:J