Thursday, September 06, 2007

Because I Can!

Why in the world would anyone want to wear Green Bay Packer Crocs? Because I can! I am ready for some football! That Monday Night Partay! Real football starts today!

I am a fan of football, football of all kinds, HS, College, NFL, heck I've even watched the Women's football league. But I am a die hard, green and gold, frozen tundra, Favre forever, Green Bay Packer fan. It is a bit hard for my family, the one who birthed me, and raised me, to understand why I am a Green Bay Packer fan.

You see they are Chicago Bears fans, Chicago Cubs fans, and even Chicago Bulls fans. But I, the rebel child, am the Packer fan. Oh I went through my period of following the family, I cheered the Bears when they went to the Super Bowl, I even have a copy of the "Super Bowl Shuffle". But then I fell in love and everything changed.

Some would think I am a Packer Fan because of Brett Favre. I do admire and yes even lust over Iron Man Brett. But that is not what brought me to worship the green & gold. It wasn't Brett. It wasn't even Reggie White, heck I can't even think of a single solitary player that caused my heart to palpitate the way it does when the Pack takes the Tundra for another game.

My heart belongs to the Pack because of my love of football. The Packers are Football. Rich history, deep community, play here because you love the game. I would shovel snow every day if I could be a part of the committment of the Packers organization. I would sell popcorn & beer just to walk the rows of Lambeau on game day. I would freeze for my team.

I love the Packers, there are several teams I admire in the NFL. Teams that have won championships and lost in the final seconds. But I love my Packers. It keeps peace and harmony in my family, and keeps me in my husband's family will. GO PACK!

:J