After doing so well posting many days in a row, I got busy and didn't get to update my blog. So Here I am!! The adage is "Time flies when you are having fun!" and I guess I am. I drift between spurts of business and laziness.
Of course football season has started, and that puts a whole new diversion on my time. HS Sports season as a whole puts my life in a spin, as I have to enter all of the athletes in the state database, check their paperwork, get schedules to the right people, etc,etc,etc. And my coaches, as much as I love them, wait till the last minute to give me all the info I need.
Football season officially started Thursday night and DH and I went to that game. Our team wasn't playing, but he needed to scout with his "coachie friends" and I went because I am a glutton for HS football. I sat with my "school teacher friends" and he went his way with the "coachie friends". I really wasn't into the game, sometimes I am so ADD, that the band, the cheerleaders and just the crowd in general distract me from what's happening on the field. The bands were so, so. I have a problem with bands whose half time performance at a football game sounds like a funeral dirge. Half time shows should pump up the fans, not remind them of running through fields of daisies on a sunny day. So the bands sucked Thursday night. I sat with my fellow Packer fans, Greg and Sue, so we mostly talked Packer stuff all night and watched the game.
Not so last night. I sat with Greg & Sue again, MaryAnn & Ron, Mike & Johanna, and Jim & Jeannie. Do we see a trend here, notice I didn't say Rick & I? No, he was down on the field with his "coachie friends". Oh that's right, he's supposed to be there! LOL! But I wasn't chatting, I was in "the zone". Into the game. Even Greg said, "geez, you sure are different when our team is playing" (he should see me when the Packers play) I do get very emotional over football. I always have been since HS.
Well we were getting our butts kicked 35-10 when a lightning storm came through at halftime and they made everyone leave the stands. I went to the car and waited, hoping that they would come back out and play after the storm. I waited, and waited, but when the security police left, I figured they had called the game, so I left too. Went back to the school and waited, and waited. Turned on the radio to see if I could find what was going on, and the game on the radio had started back up, but no mention of ours. This was after an hour. Parents were still there waiting. And waiting, finally the bus came. They had finished the game! Rick said it was eerie, because when they finally came out of the locker room, no one was in the stands! But they played. We didn't do any better, as a matter of fact, it was 50-10 for the record.
But it's okay, there were many bright spots, but also stuff to work on. The boys took this loss to heart. They weren't joking and playing like I have always seen them do after other losses. They know now they have to work a bit harder. They will win this year. Next week is another team. They will get it.







