Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Looking at the Downslide to the Weekend

What a day it has been!
I'm thankful that I wasn't on my cell phone or toying with the radio this am as I left my house driving to work. As I neared the local Tom Thumb to get gas, a gold Lincoln with a big African American woman almost hit my front end. She was tearing out of the Tom Thumb after driving off from stealing her gas. Had I not been aware, I would have been smashed in the ditch. Thank God I was aware.
So after I paid for my gas that I pumped I waited for traffic to slow down so I could get on my merry way. I watched a rather ragged looking couple cross the street and she had a bottle of water. She took her last swig, and yep, you guessed it, threw the bottle down. Maybe it was because my morning had already been not off to a great start, or maybe it just irritates me when people litter my neighborhood, But I just had to roll down my window. "Hey, you dropped something, you may want to pick that up." She glanced back, saw the bottle I was talking about, and gave me half a peace sign. I wanted to say "Bitch", but there was a break in traffic and I took advantage of that.
I couldn't wait to get to work and check the calendar. I think the whole school heard me whoop and holler when I found the spring break dates! WOOHOOO! I am going on another Hilltop cruise. This time I'm taking my much older sister to chaperone me!
Looking foward to the next few days. Tomorrow is JV football, hoping they stay undefeated. Friday is an away game for Varsity, not too far away tho. Hoping for their first win. Saturday DS1 and his fiancee should be back in town. She is being transferred to a town near here. She's a scrapbooker, so I'm glad to have company closer to scrap with. I'm glad they will be back this way.
I'm off to watch weather and see what's going on in the gulf. Who knows? I could be packing to run from the hurricane!

:J