Sunday, September 16, 2007

Is the Weekend Over Already?

I need a day to play! It was one of those weekends where if I didn't have to be off doing something, I stayed home and cleaned house. It sure needed it! But I am resting easier now that it is clean.
I told you about the Stampin' Up workshop, so it wasn't all work. Off and on I worked on my Bulletin Board kit from Hilltop. I had painted it green and yellow, so that the green cracks would show through the yellow. But I just didn't fall in love with it that way. So today in between cleaning the bathroom, kitchen and hallway, I painted it again.
This time I painted it Blue Angel Blue first, then I streaked some Black over that. Then I applied the crackle stuff. On top of that went the Deep Burgandy Red. Now I think I'm really going to like it. I may still use it in the scrap room, but I've also thought about putting it in my front hall. I painted the metal with Chalkboard paint. That way, hopefully, we can write messages to each other. That's why I think the hallway by the kitchen will be a good place. It's convienent to the phone, above my desk and everyone has to pass it to leave the house. Can't wait to work on it tomorrow.
FCA banquet was awesome. The speaker was sooooo funny, a good ole Alabama boy. He told the parable from the bible where Jesus asks Peter to feed his people, to care for his flock after he is gone. His perspective on it tho was from a Coach's view. and how Jesus wants Coaches to take care of their Athletes. Not just as players, but as young men and women in Christ. It was a good story. Our school had two tables full of coaches. A nice showing.
It was a good weekend. Great weather, less humid, got alot done. My Packers won, my WFHS Jaguars showed promise, the Cubbies won and life is good. I hope your weekend was good too.
:J