Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thrilling Thursdays!

It was a good day really. One of those days were many things happen. Little things, chaotic things, happy things, good things. It was a good day.
Chaos started when I turned my computer on this am. Our student records didn't upload in the last state report. The email said for me not to worry, they couldn't find anything wrong and just resend them. Of course that got me thinking, Reports don't reject normally for no reason. Looked at the records, and a light bulb went off. At the data conference in Tampa this summer they announced some program codes that would be changing. I even asked if these changes would affect my programs and was told by the big bosses, the big big bosses, that no. Don't worry. So when my light bulb went off, I called my tech downtown and told her what I thought. I faxed her my notes with the program changes. Later I get a call and YES! that was the problem. So now we can fix it. My tech told me to tell my principal that what ever it cost him to send me to Tampa was worth every penny! The techs on her end that went neglected to relay that to her. I guess that means I will go again? Hope so!
I had a long drive in the country tonite to the JV football game. Driving up and down the hills through farmland, made me terribly homesick. I miss the country. Even the HS we played at reminded me of our HS & football field, both surrounded by cornfields! The boys won 21-7. The defense held the other team scoreless until there was only 2 and a half minutes left in the game. How exciting for them. That makes our JV team undefeated! Hopefully varsity will play well also!
So that's my boring life, boring, boring.
:J