Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

I set off this morning, Saturday, to go to a crop. Packed my bags, loaded the car, ran by Starbucks, and got to the church at 7:50. I thought the crop started at 8. It didn't, but I didn't know that. I waited 45 minutes, which for me is an exceptional time to wait. I'm not a waiter. So when no one showed well after 8:30, I left.
The weather looked yucky, stormy yucky, and I was having mama guilt for leaving my baby dog outside. I headed home. I unloaded the car, I started laundry, I cleaned the scraproom enough to be able to scrap. My baby dog didn't want to come in and keep me company, no, he wanted to stay outside. It was cloudy, cool, he wanted to lay out and watch the world. So I scrapped, he watched the world.
Mary called, "where are you?" So I told her about my morning and agreed to meet her for lunch. So I went to the crop and ate lunch. It was nice, they only had about 7 croppers, one had her Cricut Design Studio up on her laptop. So she showed me a few things on it. I think I am going to order it. I got out of there only spending $3.75.
I came home and worked on a class for our 3 day crop in June. I finished it tonite and am really pleased. I'll post a picture later this week, after I show the LSS owners. It's only fair they see it first! I only have 3 more projects to make for the two crops in June. I want to get the samples in the stores so they can start getting sign ups. Plus I have 4 projects for May I am doing. A graduation present, Mother's day cards for school, a Georgia Tech mini album for a Georgia Tech grad and a Mother's day project for one of the guys at school.
The Mother's day project is a trade out. I'm doing a LOVE frame for him to give his wife, with their family pictures, and he is redoing a cabinet for me. New laminate countertop and all. I think I am getting the better end of the bargain. The cabinet will go in the new scraproom to hold my inks and stamps.
This will also go in the new scraproom. My IKEA boxes.
 


I built them all myself! Every nail, every screw, all done by my little hands. DH said he was proud of me. He said he knew I could do it all by myself, he just didn't think I would. The next step will be painting/staining the outsides and deciding what to do with the front of the drawers. Alot of people have covered them with scrap paper, I'm not sure that's what I want to do. Any suggestions?
:J
Posted by Picasa