Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a Beautiful Day!

I definitely have to thank the good Lord for this one! It was absolutely gorgeous here today! I think my mood reflected it. I got up early, raring to get things done, and everything went my way!
First thing up, I ran to the nursery for plants. I couldn't believe how chilly it was, and almost wished I'd worn a sweat shirt. There were sure alot of pretty flowers in stock and it took me over an hour to choose the ones I wanted to plant. Three flats and several pots later, I was done!
I got a whole flat of just herbs. All the basic ones, and a few exotic ones. Then I found a flat of perennials, mostly daisies of different varieties. I picked out two Cajun Hibiscus' to replace the ones we lost in the cold winter. A Big pot of yellow daisies already blooming. And finally, a flat of impatients and a V flower, not verbena, that the name escapes me right now.
I came home drove through the yard in front to unload and looked back where I'd driven to discover that I cracked our water pipe coming into the house. Luckily the hubby pulled up right behind me and was able to fix it before we lost too much water. I don't think I will be driving through that part of the yard again!
I was just getting my tools together to start planting, when friend Linda called. She wanted to go to Earth Day in the park and since her hubby was out of town, wanted me to go with. Such a deal! I wanted to go as they were giving out free recycle bins, reusable shopping bags, and light bulbs. So off we went. It was alot of fun and we saw lots of neat animals. I liked these two owls. Isn't the first one just beautiful? He was so tiny and petite too! I know I was supposed to get what kind of owl he was, but I didn't.
 

This big old owl just kept closing his eyes, like he didn't want to be there, just wanted to sleep. Funny ole owl!
 

After Earth Day, we hit a yard sale where I picked up 10 Garfield Treasury books for hubby, and a baboon beanie baby just because. Linda dropped me off and I resumed my flower planting. I still have one more flat to go, but we got alot done in the back. I even blew off the upper deck and swept the lower deck. We pulled weeds and cleaned up quite a bit. It was such a gorgeous day for working in the yard, I didn't even want to come in tonite well after dark!
A few weeks ago, I ordered 100 days like today. We've been blessed since then with about ten of them. 90 more to go, I'm counting, blessings!

:J
Posted by Picasa