Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Few Bits From Me

I'm here! Running late but here. It's been a relaxing morning here at our house. We slept in til 8 and have spent the last two and a half hours feeding animals, drinking coffee, reading the paper and talking about growing old. Hubby doesn't think I will get dementia & alzheimers, I think he is so wrong, given the family history.
But til then I will enjoy life to the fullest, so that maybe the things I do remember are good things. Hopefully I have a few years til I do get "old" so I'm not going to fret about all that. This was all brought on by reading this month's AARP magazine (his, not mine!) and a few articles in this morning's paper.
We had a great time at the banquet last night. I of course shed a few tears at the Senior video. The one that shows them growing from baby pictures to the funky middle school pictures to their senior picture. Alot of AWWWWWW moments. Of course too these are the boys who were freshmen during Patrick's senior year, so it's like the last of our "group" leaving. But we have great friend's whose son will be a senior next year. That will be the tear jerker moment for me as we have watched Jason grow since PreK.
There was other sadness as I found out my friend Elaine's mom had died two days after Christmas. I didn't know this until I asked how she was doing. I felt so bad. Especially since I had asked Bryan, her son how Christmas was and he said "good" right after we came back to school. URGH! TEENAGERS!! I guess I didn't ask the right question to get the right answer!
Tonite is the Super Bowl. Yes we will watch. I am pulling for the Giants, afterall, we (the Packers) should be there. I hope the commercials are good. It will be interesting to see if the 6 boys who told us last night, "Coach, we're coming to your house for SuperBowl" DH told them if they can find our house they are welcome. He doesn't think they will show. I say never underestimate the power of teenagers and computers. All they have to do is google him. LOL!
Okay, time to sweep floors and get moving around here. I have a friend coming over later to scrap and watch SB. Go Giants!

:J