Friday, February 29, 2008

TGFO!

Thank God Friday is OVER!
I just got home about an hour ago from a very long day. It wasn't supposed to be a long day, as my friend, Kathy, said first thing this morning, "I think it's going to be a quiet day." At 3:30 p.m., I told her NEVER to make that statement again.
The day started out peacefully, nicely, productively. After my morning check in with Kathy and my friend Viv, I set out to get alot of work done. And I did for about 2 hours. I got new students entered, schedules set, and was just sitting down to make new student folders, when I decided to call my friend, Jackie and finalized dinner/shopping plans for tonite. I stepped outside and while I chatted with Jackie, I see the Sheriff's helicopter circling and a bunch of cars at the HS next door.
"Geez Jackie, I don't know what's going on but there's tons of traffic and the police chopper over head."
"Oh I know what's going on," she says, "PFHS is on lockdown, there is a report of someone seeing someone with a gun on campus" "it's all over the tv and radio"
I guess I had been to busy to notice, because when I went inside and asked, it seemed almost everyone knew. Then came the onslaught of our parents wanting to check their kids out. It took 5 of us working 3 hours to keep up with the steady stream of parents checking out their children. I have mixed emotions about this and won't go into it here, but what a mess!
I understand their fear. There was a murder this past weekend that started over a girl, and ended up a student from one HS killing a kid from another HS. Long story short, the kid who is accused of the crime was let out on unrestricted bail. It has caused quite and uproar in our little city.
Finally the lockdown was over, no guns were found, and the kid who said he saw a kid with a gun admitted he lied about it! Can't wait to see the punishment for that prank! OMY!
So the good thing is we got our retro paycheck from our payraise this summer. Mine was a healthy chunk so I decided to go shopping with my friend Jackie. More on that later, but I got some cool bargains! I'm falling asleep, it's bedtime!
I hope you have a wondermous night/day!
:J