Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pleasures to Share

There are great benefits to working where I do. If you like kids, it's a fun place to be, with sports, career academies, music and ART! I think every kid should have art. Not that I liked art class when I was in school. But it made me who I am today.
I was lucky. I had Art & Music all through elementary & middle school. In High School I had a choice and I didn't take either. But I did the journalism and yearbook, which is an art in itself.
But back to art, so many kids today do have the opportunity to have art and they should! Here's the latest thing our kids did in Art. If I would have had the Art teacher they have, I would have wanted ART everyday in school. If you see the picture of the butterfly girl, you can see a glimpse of our Art teacher in the background. She's also helping hang Spidey. She's so cute. Today she had on a longer, full skirt with woolie tights and a funky apron over it all. Such a cutie!
Well I've rattled long enough, here's their fantastic art. Saran Wrap and clear tape, they wrapped themselves to mold the shapes. Yes, the dog was one of the student's dog and he stood still to be wrapped.
Toooo AWESOME!