Sunday, February 24, 2008

Quiet Sunday

It was such a gorgeous day for a drive. I didn't want to take the interstate, but a few backroads. DH won out tho and we took the interstate. Good thing, as we heard a bridge was closed because of the flooding water. So after a most delicious breakfast with Sis and BIL, we headed home.
Rick snoozed the rest of the afternoon away, while I caught up on mail, and snoozed a bit myself. Even the dog caught some shut eye with us. Now I'm just waiting for him to wake up so we can unload the car.
While we wait I will entertain you with pictures from our HS Art class. They made sculpture out of plastic bottles. Altered Art if you will. I lent them my heat gun to help with the projects as funding for art programs is not enough for everyone to have their own. It should be enough, but let's not get started on that. Every child should have Art, PE and Music in school,every other day, all year, every year, all 12 years. That's all I can say on that!
So our first sculpture is Mother Nature. Isn't she a golden beauty? I love her nest! The moss that makes up her accesories grows wild in the trees here. I know you yankees pay good money for it!
 

Ignore the crazy woman in the background, that's just Becky, one of my crazy co workers. She's a guidance counselor. Yes, we ask her to shape people's futures. But isn't this sea sculpture the best? I love the texture paint they used, it looks so real! I would put this in my house.
 

This fire breathing dragon is a bit scary, but someone put some great work into him. Remember these are bottles we throw away, coke bottles, water bottles, juice bottles. Now it's art!
 

Finally another of my faves, the penquin fishing for his dinner. Not a good picture of him, but it's cute how he has his fishing line hooked to a shrimp and a shrimp already in his bucket. Awesome work!
 

April, our Art Teacher is awesome! Our kids are too! They won Grand Champion at the Fair this summer for the High School division, and these great works of art weren't even in there! Please support art programs for kids. It's so important!
And keep our fellow blogging friend, Sophia, in your thoughts and prayers as she is going through alot with her mom's cancer right now.
:J
Posted by Picasa