Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Milk & Cookies, Other Goodies


Sometimes all it takes is a glass of milk and a handful or two of cookies. Life is good again. So finally, last night, I broke my lent. I could blame it on the fact that I am eating healthier. Very little fast food, no chocolate, no soda, and eating organic when I can. Not that I refuse to eat anything not organic, but if I can I eat organic. Especially if you are breaking Lent.
So while shopping Monday morning, I saw organic milk. Hmmmm. So I bought a half a gallon. Now I am hooked. I will probably never again buy anything else. It tastes like real milk, milk I remember from my childhood, fresh milk. Yummy!
But I had to balance something so good with something equally decadent. That's where the double chocolate fudge cookies came in. Balance that's what it's all about. The milk I got at WM. The cookies, Cracker Barrell. Well worth it.
Speaking of well worth it, my friend, Linda, at HilltopMemories is having a SALE! through March 9th. EVERYTHING in the store 30% off! Code red4cha08. Check it out!
And lastly a story about my baby boy. I get a phone call at work yesterday (he never calls me at work) and he asks, "what's this milk stuff in the fridge?"
"Milk?" I reply.
"I guess so, is it okay to drink?"
"Why not" I reply, "has it turned green or something?"
"No" he said, "but it's got a different bottle, I thought it was something special"
"baby, it's just organic milk"
"What's that mean?"
"it doesn't have wierd preservatives & additives, try it, you will like it, it tastes more like real milk."
"well what does real milk taste like?"
"Like milk Daddy & I used to drink when we were kids, like milk."
"okay, I will try it, but if I don't like it, I'm not going to finish drinking it"
"Pat, it's just milk, it's not wierd or anything, it will just be lacking all those wonderful chemicals you so love."
"Funny Mom"
I really threw him for a loop when I said, "It came from Jersey cows, not Holsteins"
"Huh? aren't all cows the same?"
Ah such a city child he is, we may have to kidnap him and take him back to cheesehead land. Funny, he never questions when the cookie packages change.

:J

PS after my little chocolate slide, I am returning to the no chocolate, fast food, or soda habits. Til Easter morning, when you will find me in sugar shock, passed out from too many Reese's peanut butter eggs.