Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday, Tormented Tuesday

I have been a Jordan Sparks fan from day one. I love her new video/song. It's a duet with Chris Brown. The emotion! I've felt this way before, most of us have, but for two kids so young to put such emotion into a song. OH MY! Check it out! Can you feel the torment of the hearts breaking?

Watched Raisin in the Sun last night, well most of it, I fell asleep in the beginning for about 20 minutes. Very good, verry, very good. Phylicia Rashad still has it. As does Audra Mcdonald, she's the girl that plays on "Private Practice". Of course it took over 1/2 the movie for DH and I to figure that out! Both very beautiful women. And Puff Daddy, he played that bad boy torment so well! Loved him and john Stamos as that Snake in the Grass one person welcoming committee. Tooo good. I hope it comes out on video!

So Raisin got me thinking about giving on, giving enough. Thinking I'm not doing enough to make my kids realize their dreams. I'm not giving them that Mama push, helping them make it happen. Maybe we need change around here, change that would start with me. I gotta think about this.
It just seems the world is kinda hopeless right now, the people chasing their dreams are stepping all over others. What happened to helping each other? I've been way to self centered. Time to make a change.
The Oscars the other night made me feel soooo old. Everyone who I've watched and admired over the years, gone. Not only gone from our world, but really until I saw them, gone from my mind. I loved the movies when I was growing up. I wanted to be an actress. I guess that thought made me feel old too, not realizing dreams.
Well rambled enough. It's rainy today, I hope we don't get storms like they say we might. Attendance was down yesterday at 3 of the high schools, ours included. There was a shooting this weekend, one HS student killed, one injured, one in jail on murder charges. Now there is fear of retaliation. So sad. So many lives that will never be the same. Who would have thought you would ever fear going to school, or sending your kids to school not knowing if they would come home in the afternoon? It's a tormented world we live in.