Tuesday, March 04, 2008

#4 in Your Program, #1 in Our Hearts, 4Ever Favre

I really don't know if I have the words to do this post the justice that the man deserves. Just not enough words for how much joy Brett has brought our family.
There are everyday people who do phenomenal things to make them heroes to those of us who lead everyday lives.
I think that's why Favre was so much our hero. He was always just an everyday guy. He made the game he played just what it is, a game. He played like a kid, with a giddiness that reminded us of everyday kids, playing sandlot ball and scoring that first touchdown in front of all your friends. I don't know if he ever thought he was our hero, he was just a kid playing a game he loves.
Brett played with a work ethic we may never see again. He prepared day in and day out for the game. He studied plays, he worked the weight room, he ate right and lived a good life. We need more people with a work ethic like his, nothing was ever handed to him. He worked for all he had. It never came as easy as he made it look.
Brett was a part of our lives for 17 years. My youngest son cannot remember another Green Bay QB playing. Every Sunday for 17 years we sat watching him just as we would watch one of our boys play. He was a topic of conversation at least once a week for 17 years. We laughed with him, we rejoiced with him, we hurt with him and we mourned with him. He was who you saw, and he is what he is. No airs, just a simple Mississippi boy playing a game. What a game he played.
I have no more words, I will miss watching him.
Time for another Kleenex,
:J