After a brief walk in the yard to get some pictures of my blooming flowers for my MIL in the frozen tundra, I headed out for some shopping. I debated staying home, cleaning house, watching daytime tv and all those other fun things I don't usually do during a weekday. But then thought No, the best way to spend this day would be shopping. I can do those other things when hubby is home. But mall shopping? That's not a happening thing with him.
So off I went, first to Office Max to check out the cameras they had in their sale ad. Of course they were out of their cheapest one I wanted to look at. Couldn't guarantee me an order would be here by Thursday either. So I decided to head to the mall to Best Buy. They weren't even open yet! Neither was Dillard's! So what did I do to kill 15 minutes? STARBUCKS! Yummy, Peppermint Latte!
Then I headed back to Dillard's. Still not open, but I waited. I picked up a few tops on clearance, but they are going back. I just don't like how they look. So Dillard's was a bust. Unless you count the blouse I saw but will wait til it's on sale. $40 for a work blouse! Not this girl.
Over to Best Buy to peruse the cameras. They had one, I almost bought it, but the added price of the Memory Stick made me think I needed to recheck Office Max. So back to OM. Same camera, $10 cheaper, with a free 1GB Memory Stick. SOLD! So here's my new purse camera. What do you think? This one will stay in my purse, that way I am never without a camera.
But then I got to thinking. What if the Navy Base has one cheaper? Plus I would save the tax. (we don't pay tax on our purchases on base) So since I wanted to go to the base anyway, off I go. Checked out the cameras and felt good that I got the best deal already. They had the camera I bought, for $40 more! No memory stick free! So I was happy.
So feeling good about my bargain, I perused the shoes. I have really become a shoe hound in the past 5 years. I just don't understand what's gotten into me! But I needed a pair of black dressy shoes, I think these fit the bill! They will match both my dresses and are still flirty, casual enough to wear with my dressier capris! AND they were on SALE! Less than $20! I didn't know that til I got to the register. So that made me feel good about the See's candies I splurged on for Erica, my future DIL. I'll see her Friday on the way to the ship.
So all in all it was a good day. I talked to my sister, cleaned the living room, kitchen and spare bedroom. I got my suitcase out to start packing, and I COOKED dinner! Such a good day!
I hope your's was good too!
:J








