Sunday, March 09, 2008

I love Weekends like these!

It was a gorgeous weekend here in our little piece of paradise. Today was beautiful, I wish I had a hundred days as pretty as today was. Just cool enough to be comfortable, just warm enough that the sunshine hitting your face made you smile.
My job was the bathrooms and finishing laundry. DH was lucky enough to get to do the outside work. He loves the outdoors. I do too, but the pollen from the trees doesn't like me. I miss being up north where the outdoors doesn't bother me. But every once in awhile I would take a break from my duties to make sure he was doing his. I even helped with a bit of the raking. A tiny bit of raking, I don't want to blister my delicate hands. (teehee)
I did pick some kumquats of the neighbors tree. I wish I knew what "assisted living" home she was in, I would take some kumquats to her. I miss Mickey on days like today. Usually we would pick kumquats, talk about the weather, and explore the flowers budding in our yards. I bet she misses her yard too.
As a reward for getting soooo much done in the house, I decided to take a break and run to Michaels. I'm so mad at myself! I went to get the new CARDS magazine, wanting to use my 40% off coupon on it. Well I got distracted when I got to the counter, helping a lady who kept dropping things, that I forgot to use my coupon! URGH! I never pay full price for CARDS, it's much to expensive! Oh well!
I found the Fiskars Finger Cutter knife thingy like mine. My much older sister has been coveting mine. So I grabbed one for her, and a few more, just in case! She's so lucky to have me for a sister. I didn't get her anything at the next stop tho, which was JoAnn's. There I just picked up a few things, a storage thing, some daubbers, and a pack of fantastix.
But when I got home guess who was goofing off?
 

Yep! Both of them. And don't they look like they both want to give me guff about it? Back to raking and protecting! Geez, goof offs! One shopping trip for me, and they take a break. It's not like they raked half an acre or anything.
Rick said as soon as he got the leaves bagged, some guy came by and picked them up. The man uses them for mulch in his garden.
While we goofed off I saw something under the deck! Look what is growing wild under my deck!
 

Well, they were in a pot on the deck at one time, but during someone's puppy stage, he ate the container. I thought the shamrocks were gone for good. I've had those shamrocks since I was in High School. Someone told me once that if your shamrocks bloomed for St. Patty's day, you would have a year of good luck. Hmmmm, luck's looking good here.
Hopefully the pink eye will be cleared up by then and you can see my green eyes. Or at least want to see them. Right now you can really see them, the red really accents them. I look like a Christmas tree. But it's getting better. Only the insides are red now.
So with that TMI, I'll get back to folding laundry. Seriously, how do two people generate so many loads of laundry?
Enjoy your day!
:J
Posted by Picasa