Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm Back!

Not that my life has gotten any more exciting, but I've been busy! Not with exciting things, just things, everyday things, things we do. Things like cook, clean, create and watch TV. Don't we all do those things?
I'm not a traditional St. Patrick's day cook. I don't do corned beef, even on a good day. So for St. Patty's day I made ham and cabbage. One of my co-workers, Patton, gave me a huge cabbage from his garden. It was so deliciously sweet. I cut it up and used 3/4's of it to make this,
 

and the rest I used to make cole slaw from scratch. Yum YUM! Of course all that cabbage made life interesting around our house. Lots of unnecessary gas! But it's all good, we're family!
Did I tell you that all the St. Patrick's day cards I made for school sold out? Yes they did! I made 25 Easter cards this week and they sold out! In 45 minutes! Martha didn't even make it out of the building with them. Lori bought 7 of them, one for each of her three girls, and then one for each of her 4 sisters. Then she came to me yesterday and said, "I didn't buy one for my brother!" So against my best FSU judgement, since he's a gator fan, I made him this. It's a bad attempt at a gator egg, but then is there such a thing as a "good" gator egg?
 

Tonite is girl's night out. These are my "rowdier" friends, Linda, Barb & Debbie. We get together about once every couple months for dinner and general rowdiness. It's all in good fun. We need this once in awhile as usually we are pretty laid back, wives and moms. I'm hoping to get pictures as we are doing dinner on the waterside. I'll try to blog tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, it's Good Friday! No work, sleeping in and reflecting.
Have a great day!

:J
Posted by Picasa