Thursday, March 13, 2008

Who Didn't See This Coming?

My day was just a normal type, everyday work day. A good day, but still, a work day. When I got home I was tired of cooking. So I didn't. We went to Hubby's favorite fish & shrimp place, then to Books A Million. That's where we found this.
 

(insert contented sigh here) Everything Brett in one magazine. From high school to college, Atlanta Falcons to Green Bay, it's Brett. Did you know Brett wasn't always a Packer? He was on the Atlanta Falcons for one year. Green Bay traded their first round draft pick for him. Do you think Atlanta is kicking themselves for that trade? Who would have thought?
So as soon as I got home, I didn't even check email, blogs or boards, I settled in with Brett. And I cried. Again. I'm crazy, I know. Just hard to believe he's not going to play again. Such a good man too. And yes, hubby thought I was a lunatic too for crying. But, at least I'm past the sobbing stage. Sorry Aaron Rogers, those are shoes you just won't be able to fill. But the fans will still love you, if you play well. If not, well, they will just say, "he's just not Brett"
So I am getting over that. Really. And to help do that, da hubby and I are going to work on being "empty nesters. Rediscovering us, with out football & Brett. More without Brett than football. Football will always be a part of our lives. Spring practice starts in 3 weeks!
Tomorrow night we will begin our "rediscovering" journey, HERE!
 


:J
Posted by Picasa