Sunday, December 23, 2007

Caught In The Act!

We had a semi busy day yesterday. Shopping, cleaning up, and laziness all in one day!
My husband loves to wait till the last moment to shop, and I'm starting to really like it too!
We hit the Navy Exchange in the morning to get some clothes for the boys. The NEX carries all those important brands at greatly discounted prices. Plus they were having a buy one get one half price sale! We racked up and then celebrated by buying a huge container of Harry & David's Moose Munch. Rick kind of turned up is eyebrow at the price ($15) but I assured him it was worth it. After we got home, and tried it, he agreed!
The lines at the NEX were long, but he was a dear and let me sit, while we waited to check out. It was so hot in the store. Next we were off to Sam's. With Kevin home today for the Packer/Bear game we have to have wings! and veggies, and chex mix, and munchies. YUM! I lost Rick in Sam's, again standing in line to check out, I went to sit down, looked up and he was gone! I thought he walked out, thinking I had gone outside to sit, so out I go, no Rick, I walk to the car, no Rick, I walk back in and there he is looking around, shaking his head with his PO'd look. They had taken him back to another counter to check him out. But all is well now!
This morning, off to WM, to get Kevin's undies, and Patrick's Santa present. It's the last year for Santa presents at our house. Once you turn 21 Santa doesn't come. Patrick will be 21 in June! :(
Yesterday while at the NEX we ran into the secretary from the old PreK. She was training me to be her replacement when she retired the year when we found out they were closing our school. To say the least she got me where I am today. She couldn't believe Patrick was 20. She remembers when he started PreK! Then at Sam's, we ran into our Prinicipal from PreK. God blessed me yesterday to see them both. I miss them so!
"We" decided to wrap presents while we waited for Kevin to drive home from Tallahassee last night. I wrapped, hubby supervised. I am getting to old to sit on the floor to wrap. But it's just not the same if I don't sit on the floor. So I suffer!
I called Kevin about 11 to see where he was. He said about 45 minutes away. Cool! I figured that would give me enough time to wrap the rest of his presents. So here I am in the middle of the living room floor with his presents all around me, wrapping away and in he walks! It had only been 5 minutes! I start tossing stuff under paper, behind the sofa, etc. And Rick is just laughing! I guess he meant 4 to 5 minutes! What a tease he is! I just hope he didn't see his pressies!
I guess this "flu" is having the same affect on all of us. When we went to Denny's this am, our favorite waitress, Beverly, was not her usual cheery self. She apologized for being so punk, but said she just doesn't have the energy she usually has, that she had this "flu" too, and couldn't get her energy level back up.
Well, I'm off to watch the game, munch and wrap a few presents. Have a happy day!

:J