Saturday, December 29, 2007

Enjoying Life

I have to say, I do miss being a SAHW & M. If I didn't need so much scrappin' & travel money, I would consider giving up the job. People told me that when I went to work, that once I started I wouldn't stop. They were right, not that I don't want to, I can't, I've become accustomed to living in this style.
I like doing housework, when I have time. I like laundry, cooking, cleaning, when I have time and not trying to fit it in two days of a weekend. Who wants to come home at 6:30 at night to cook a full meal. "Not I," said this red hen. Doing the wife thing, the mom thing does satisfy me. Staying home and letting the outside world pass me by appeals to my pollyanna attitude.
But then there's that gypsy side of me. The side that likes travel and adventure, seeing the world, living life to the fullest. That voice speaks loudly most days. It wants out of the house, away from laundry and dishes. Not to shop, or hang at the mall, not to lunch in a cute bistro across town. That voice wants to see the country side, admire the little towns across America that made the USA what it is today. So that's usually the voice I listen to most. I get out of bed every day, ignore the dog hair that's made a dog in every corner of my house, and I go to work. There I make money that I sock away so that every three months I can go somewhere, anywhere, but here. Anywhere I haven't been before, I wanna go.
Today I'm thinking I really want to do this,
Yes you see that right, shovel snow off the bleachers at Lambeau Field. Hey they give you a shovel and pay you $8 an hour. I've done worse for less! Some day I AM going to do this. Just so I can say I did.
Til then, I think I need to go clean a bathroom or something.

:J