Sunday, December 23, 2007

I am ready for Christmas. Well it's here, ready or not. Tomorrow we leave to spend a few days at my sister's for Christmas. No I didn't make fudge, cookies, peanut brittle or any other sweets. I did make two cheese balls. 1/2 of one is left. Things just didn't get done.
But presents are wrapped. Cards are sent, and I've come to the conclusion that this year that will just be enough. Next year will be better. I won't have a a brand new category to be in charge of at the fair in October, a family reunion in November, followed by Thanksgiving, followed by the flu, followed by Christmas. Next year the reunion is in July. I'll have lots of help for the fair, Next year I am not getting this flu! The only thing I will allow to get in the way is if our HS football team makes the play offs and goes all the way to state. Then we will play until mid December. But I will take that if it happens! But I will not miss Tim Holtz if he comes to Ruban Rouge, and I will not miss Creepover with the Hilltop girls. I am setting priorities! Oh and there is that certification process we have to go thru at school in October. But all will be okay with that too!
So all the pressies are wrapped. I have to go tomorrow and get Rick's pressie, and Erica's pressies. NO Biggies tho! I napped this afternoon, for quite awhile, missed half the Packers game because I was sleeping. But I talked to my brother, he said it was just too damn cold there. 50 mile an hour winds, sleet & snow. His doors on his house and his car were frozen shut! I know after the Packer game, Brett said it was the coldest he has ever been. I can beleive that, Chicago is the coldest place on earth on a windy day. That wind just goes right through your soul!
So a few more pictures of the ornaments to thrill you! The first one is of my blue metal bell. It has been on my tree forever, even when I was a kid. I always hang it low so that when the kids were little I would know when they were in the tree, or when the animals are near the tree.
 

Then theres one of my chimney sweeps. I bet you didn't know I collected them did you? Actually my much older sister started me on them. I think I have twelve chimney sweep ornaments now. I also have a chimney sweep nutcracker, a music box and a figurine. I pick one up whenever I see one.
 

Another one of the oldie ornaments. I think I picked this one up at a yard sale. I remember having ones like it when I was a kid, my brother probably still has them. I wonder if he would give them up? I doubt it! But I should ask!
 

Another of the chimney sweeps. I think I got him at Epcot in the Germany section. It was the first time we took the boys to Disney. Yes, the time we left Patrick at home and didn't take him. He never lets us forget that.
 

Tomorrow I will have to post all the angels from the tree. My PreK Principal gave us angels every year for Christmas. She said it was because we were angels working with the little kids. I'll have to post a few of them, tomorrow.
I'm feeling better today, actually have some energy. Hopefully I will the next few days too! Maybe I am finally getting over this. I'm not coughing, I'm not stuffy, I just need some energy! Maybe I'm getting it now.
I do feel so bad for all those people stranded because of the winter storms. So glad we didn't go home now! We would have flown, and probably be stranded somewhere! I hope everyone makes it to their destinations safely!
:J
Posted by Picasa