We had a great day, after traveling to my sister Susie's yesterday. Dan & Felicia came up this morning. It did my heart good having all the boys together.
Susie made delicious biscuits and gravy for breakfast. It's one of our favorites, so she always fixes it for us. We didn't get up til almost 8, by the time we ate and D & F got there it was like 10 before we opened presents. Late for us for sure!
Everyone liked their stockings, Patrick got Brain Age2 for his DS, Kevin got a Sports Trivia Almanac, Dan got a points card for his XBox and Felicia made out in scrappin supplies in her stocking!
Christmas was awesome to say the least! The boys loved their cameras, Patrick his clothes and all three complained about the girlfriends getting the most presents (scrappin' supplies) LOL!
I got my Keurig coffeemaker from Rick, Kevin got me a $100 gift card from my, favorite LSS in Tallahassee (a reason to go visit him) Patrick pampered me with Bath & Body Works stuff, and Dan & Felicia gave me a $100 bill! WOOHOOO! Susie got me a Belgian Waffle maker, one of the flipper ones. I've really been wanting one of those!
Susie & Truman were shocked when they saw their firepit from us. I had given Susie a few gnomes, I think she thought that was all she was getting. But when we were all done unwrapping gifts, Rick & Patrick went to the car to get the pit. They carried it up to the door and Susie's jaw dropped. She hugged me and hugged me. And the whole time I thought she would be disappointed because I didn't get her scrappin' stuff.
Naptime was in order after all that excitement and since it was raining that's what most of us did. After about an hour we were all ready for something to do so we went out to the garage. The boys hadn't seen their new garage/building/barn. While out there we got to going through boxes. Now to say Daniel gets enthusiastic about something is an understatement. He was going through all these old boxes of junk going "WOW!" "Look at this!!! OMG! Do You know what we can EBAY this for?" So he had a whole nother Christmas going through her junk boxes. He ended up with a vintage Rubik's Cube still in it's box and a Rock tumbler, to name a few things. What a way to spend a rainy Christmas day!
All that snooping made us cold and hungry, so in we went for Confetti Chili, sandwich platters, pie and this cool twinkie dessert Susie made. We were sitting around watching Rachel Ray and all the sudden most of us were asleep.
It was a good Christmas, a very good Christmas. My children were all there, happy as clams, I didn't have to cook, didn't have to clean, didn't have to do a thing. (I did offer) I got some neat gifts, made everyone happy, and it was a day where just enough was a blessing. I think that's my theme this coming year, being happy with Just Enough, no extravagances, no overindulgences, just enough.
A Merry Christmas it really was, even if there was no snow.
:J







