Thursday, December 13, 2007

More Ornaments

I love to pick up Shiny Brite ornaments when I can find them at yard sales. I have a few from my childhood, but alot of them I have picked up since. They are the only colored balls allowed on my tree. Occasionally I can find a few shaped Shiny Brites, like this red bell. The garland hanging next to it is very, very old, given to me by my mother. It is silver mercury glass beads with white bells edged in silver glass glitter. The garland is very fragile and every year I lose a few beads, but that doesn't stop me from hanging it on the tree.
 

Another Shiny Brite from my collection. I love the blue and the winter scene on it. I remember having several of these on my tree as a child. While this one came from a yard sale, it duplicates the one I had on my tree. The blue bead garland is from the same era, and very fragile. Again I hang them on my tree, why have them if you aren't going to use them??
 

Santa is Rick's and this year he hides in the boughs of the tree. Out of sight, but keeping a watchful eye for all the good little boys and girls to add to his list. Santa has traveled with Rick all over the world in his Navy days. Keeping a watchful eye on him. Not sure how many years Rick didn't make it to Santa's good boy list tho!
 

This miniture nutcracker really works and is one of many Christmas ornaments my sister sent us when they were stationed in Germany. She loved to go to the Christmas Market and buy us ornaments. I loved getting them! They are among my most treasured Christmas things.
 

Just a few more ornaments from our tree. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

:J
Posted by Picasa