If you want to read my profound answers to the blog tag from Teri/Kip/Sophia, you will have to scroll down. I posted that a few hours ago, when I thought I would be asleep right now.
But I'm wide awake. Worrying about him, worrying about traveling tomorrow, and just sitting here thinking, wow, 2008. In less than 23 hours we begin another new year. 2008. Do you know what that means? It means in May, I will have been out of Savanna High School for 30 years! I never thought I would be this old! I don't feel this old! I don't want to be this old! OMG where has the time gone? Am I really this old?
PW was brave enough the other day to post a link to site that showed her graduation portrait taken at Olan Mills. Am I that brave? Maybe we should all post a cheesy High School picture in honor of her bravery. Who knows? If we really are 6 degrees of seperation from everyone else, certainly someone who reads this, would eventually know someone who knows me, who doesn't know I know someone reading this. If you get the drift. What a project! Who wants to go first? No one?
30 years from graduation. Wow! I look at guys that are my age, like ones I work with, one who I am older than, even, and they are all like grey headed or bald and stuff. It's almost intriguing enough to maybe go to that 30 year reunion. LOL! I don't think I have changed tremendously, okay maybe gained a hundred pounds, but I mean I don't look as old as they do, do I? Hmmm.....
I wasn't even 18 when I graduated. So that does put me on the young side of my class. Most of my classmates could legally drink in the states within 30 miles of us. I had to pray they didn't check ID's. Just kidding. I never did that! Pray that is..LOL! I remember the first time I legally went in a bar, just after my 18th birthday. The guy at the door checked my ID which I proudly handed over. He looked at it, then handed it back and said, "you are barely old enough." I remember being so offended! I said, rather bravely I might add, "if I were much, much older, would you have said "God YOU ARE OLD!?" So anyway that was not even 30 years ago. See how some things look better in perspective?
So the first 30 have been pretty good for me and pretty good to me. I only see a few grey hairs in the mirror, and I've earned every one thank you very much. My skin isn't too wrinkly. And if I start exercising now, I'm sure I could lose 100 pounds by May. So IF I did go to that reunion, at least someone would recognize me. But they wouldn't know me. I'm not that quiet, shy, reserved girl I was back then.
So here's the deal. I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. Cheesy as they are, you have to love them!

Yes I bought into the cheesy, double personality pics that were oh so popular then! LOL! Now if you can find someone who will post here, other than my sister or my family members, who knew me then, I'll come up with a special present for you! All in the good purpose of research of the 6th degree of seperation thing. I know one person who owns a bar in South Florida who would know me from then. If any of my South Florida friends want to explore Palm Harbor bars to find her!
And if you can get me in to see Brett Favre within 6 degrees, well oh my! that's almost worth one of them special $25 WalMart Gift cards! LMAO! Because I think I can do that without reader's help! Cause I know someone, who knows someone pretty high up in the Packer's organization who could probably make that happen and they aren't even related to me either! I could probably do it with 3 phone calls...anyway back to us and not this fantasy dream of mine. But if you can....go ahead...I want to save my connection for when I really need it..Like when I retire and want to work in the souvenier shop at Lambeau Field!
...I've shown you mine, now show me yours!
Happy 2008, I know the next 30 will be even better!
:J







