Those of you that have been getting entirely too much information on my life will be thrilled to know that I am going back to work today. So my blogging will go back to a once a day thing. Not sure if that will be a morning thing or a night thing. But it will probably be once a day.
Yes it's back to work. In an effort to eat healthier and stay on top of things, I made soup already this morning for dinner tonite. It's called Kansas City Steak Soup, but basically it's just Beef Vegetable soup with A1 sauce & Worchestershire Sauce in it. I got the recipe out of Feburary's Midwest Living Magazine.
Midwest Living is not as popular as the sister, Southern Living, but Lord knows those Southern Girls are the hostess' with the mostest! True to the Southern Belle's dramatic nature, they blow a simple meal way out of proportion sometimes. Whereas we native Midwestern Girls are just glad to get thawed out enough to be able to move and cook.
Now before I get blasted from all my southern friends, remember there is a reason I stayed in the south, and it wasn't snow. I love the dramatic, over doing of southern hospitality. You walk away from a friend's home cooked meal feeling like you are the most important person in the world. That she fixed all that food just for you and not 70 of her favorite croppin' buddies! You feel the love.
Not that we Midwesterner's don't "love", we just aren't as demonstrative about it. It's more of a slap it on the table and eat so we can go back to getting warm! LOL!
Last night was my night for tears. During that Home Makeover show when they showed the youngest boy his Very Hungry Caterpillar room, I about cried! OMY! I want that room! It was just adorable. It's also filed in my "things I want to do for my grandkids" file. Since I will have to have a grandkids room for boys & GIRLS. That would be a great way to go. I love Eric Carle's books for kids.
Then the true explosion of tears came during Desperate Housewive's when Lynette and her neighbor scattered Ida's ashes on the ballfield. I was like half watching, half looking at my new stamp catalogs when all the sudden Ida's friend starts doing a "eulogy" and it was the poem that was on my dad's funeral cards. You know the one, "Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep...." I just burst. Not for poor Ida, I just calmly said to DH, "that's the poem from my dad's cards," and I burst. Instead of thinking I was a complete idiot, he just hugged me and held me, okay maybe he was thinking I was an idiot. Funny how things like that just hit you!
So it's back to the Saltmines. Since I didn't win the lottery and my rich uncle already died. Then it's home to watch LSU & Ohio. I'm picking the underdog, GO OHIO!
:J







