Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Weather, Elections, and Neighbors Oh My!

It's that time of year, in my area of Florida, that if you don't like the weather, wait a day, it will change! Yesterday was 70, today we'll be lucky to hit 50! I for one like the cooler days for right now. I at least get my wear out of my wooly sweaters. I love wool sweaters!
I did get to vote yesterday. I'm pleased with the results. Clinton & McClain won. Which is who I thought would. McClain being a Navy man and all, I knew he would do well in Florida with all the military & retired Military. I also thought Hill would do well also as I have talked to alot of people who were voting for her. They, the people I talked with, are able to leave Bill's presidency out of it. She is a good candidate on her own merit. I still wish I could combine two candidates into one and make the best candidate. Notice I didn't say which I voted for? I won't either.
Came home yesterday to find my neighbor's grown children standing in her driveway. THAT stopped my heart! They said they think she has broken her hip. When her son came by to check on her yesterday afternoon, she was in pain on the sofa. They had to call the ambulance to come get her, as they couldn't lift her without her screaming in pain. I guess she wasn't real happy about going in the ambulance either! I usually see her in the morning when I leave. She always sits by the window and watches for me to leave and waves. Since I left early I didn't see her, so I just figured she slept in. Now I wonder. Miss Mickey is getting on in her years fast ever since Mr. Buddy died. I worry about her all alone over there and try to check on her often. I was taking her some homemade vegetable soup last night when I got home. I hope she's okay. But I get mad at her kids sometimes as they don't visit often enough. She asks Rick & Patrick to do stuff for her because her grown son is too busy. UGH! But we do it, because we would hope someone would do for our parents.
Today is just a day. Nothing planned, no surprises (I hope).
I'll try to make it a great day, I hope you do too!

:J