Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soggy Saturday

Geez it's already mid day! A busy morning around here, errands are ran, DH is off to his football game, and I am ready to scrap!
DH and I went to breakfast this am at Denny's down the street from the house. We usually go once a week. Weekend breakfast out has been a standing date for us for years. This dates back to when all the boys were home, playing ball, going to scouts, and all the activities they were involved in. Saturday morning was the only time DH and I could be alone to discuss the week, our lives, and our dreams. So while we would let the boys sleep in, we would run down the street for our quickie breakfast.
This morning Denny's had new menus. New menus mean higher prices. I didn't think it meant less food. I ordered one of my usuals, and when she brought out plates, it was half the portion I got last week! I was surprised! I don't mind less. But I mind paying more for less!
So I guess now that the boys are grown and gone, mostly, we can start eating breakfast at home on Saturdays. Where two eggs really is two eggs, and the peppers aren't the biggest portion of the breakfast!
On to better things. DH dutifully took a poncho and seat cushions with him to the game. I told him too, so he did. It's raining. I said, "aren't you going to take a poncho?" and he said, "I have my coat" I said, "but if it rains all day you'll be soaked and take cushions so you don't have a wet butt all day" so he did. Now whether or not he leaves them in the car remains to be seen. But at least he took them.
So I have 8 hours to do uninterrupted scrappin' or whatever I want to do. I have a few movies I've rented that I can watch, but no books to read. So I think I'm heading to the scraproom, plugging in my movies, and scrappin' all day. We'll see what I come up with when I'm done!
stay dry, and be wondermous!