I was supposed to blog earlier today and just didn't get it done. So here I am. Susie is gone, but not before we went out to breakfast with DH. She took the elves with her. Even tho I bought them for her...I was hoping she would forget them, they are kinda cute!
After that DH and I did the normal run to the commissary. I just have to have a little vent here. DH spent 22 years in the Navy, going all over the world to ensure that submarines and torpedos were not heading toward the US. He also did his part in Desert Storm making sure we are able to still enjoy our freedoms. He even did a few stints in the Orient, that he thoroughly enjoyed, but that was before we were married so we don't talk much about those days. So for his 22 years of service we continue to enjoy the benefits of our miltary facilities. We can use any of them, anywhere, around the world. But on this particular day we were in the USA, shopping on a US Navy Base, checking out our cartload of bounty. Most of the clerks and baggers are of the Oriental descent, which I have no problem with, my problem lies when they are in a US Military Facility, an English speaking Facility, yet they are all talking to each other in their various native tongues. Not greeting us, not talking with the customers, but talking around all of us, in their language. That offends me! If I were to travel to another country, especially to marry and live there the rest of my life, I would learn the language. Especially on the job! DH saw my jaw tighten, as he knows how I feel about this, but gave me that "don't you dare" look. Okay so I have vented. Getting off the soap box.
So in diggin', organizing and purging, I found these in their original box, pretty much mint condition. They are name card holders! I remember having these all my life. I don't remember using them much, I think my mom used them one year as incentive to be good. If we were good we got to have them on the table for dinner. I will have to remember to use them next year.
Yesterday was the Wings of Hope Crop here at the fairgrounds. It's a CM crop, but I go anyway. It was fun, not like Hilltop fun, but fun. They had a raffle and I bid on a few baskets. I won these two. I actually should have won three because I had the winning bid when bids closed, but a guy doubled my bid on one just after it closed. Seeing that it was all about raising money for local childhood cancer patients, I told the girl to let him have it, even tho they said it should be mine. It was a very cute Margarita party basket but oh well.
I did win these. One is a Boyd's Bear basket. I just thought it was cute and thought I would keep it for me.
The other is a Pomogranate Bath basket. I like the tub it's in, but It's going to my help tech downtown. She loves anything pomogranate to drink, so I am going to give it to her. Now she can bathe in it. I don't know what I would do without her, she is the only one who has more of an idea about what my job is all about than I do. If it weren't for her, I'd have been in the looney bin the second day I was on the job.
So I'VE taken down the tree. Now we are thinking about supper. Wish we had a Nick and Willy's... that was so good.
:J








